- Improve writing instruction for students with VI
- Guide the improvement of pre-service programs focused on writing instruction
- Guide the development of in-service professional development interventions
- Expand ideas about how to approach writing instruction for students with VI
Benefits for Students
- Students with VI may see improved writing achievement.
- Students with VI may discover new modalities and strategies to express themselves through writing.
Benefits for Teachers
- Teachers may gain new perspectives on writing instruction and assessment practices for students with VI.
- Teachers may learn factors that can enhance collaboration and impact student writing outcomes.
Benefits for Schools
- Results of the project may inform the development of professional development interventions that schools and districts can offer to support K-12 educators at the classroom and administrative levels.